Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Classic Freestyle (8-7-07-8-13-07)

Starting every Tuesday on "Blowin Up In The World", I will be bringing you a classic freestyle from my archives. Shouts to the cats that really made the freestyle what it is today: Stretch and Bobbito, Tony Touch, Doo Wop, Sway and Tech, DJ Clue, etc. Much respect from me to you.

Its only right that I kick off the first edition of the "classic freestyle" column with the master of the "freestyle" and cats can say what they want if they disagree but just remember who really birthed what the Cassidy's, Lloyd Banks', Joe Budden's, Fabolous's, and the Jae Millz's do on mixtapes. I mean who was the only cat that would really have you going to the store/bootlegger to pick up a mixtape just to hear his freestyle? The only MC that out shined anyone he was on a track with from 1997-2000. The only MC that had Nas scared!! CANIBUS!!


Say what you want about dude now but lets be honest, from 1997-2000, nobody was fucking with him like that lyrically.

This freestyle is from Tim Westwood's show in the Winter of 2000, now I know people are going to get at me like why didn't you post this Canibus joint? or that freestyle instead? The reason I am posting this freestyle is because not much people have heard it and I myself hadn't heard it until last year as I didn't really pay attention to Canibus too much after 2000 B.C. but this is one of the most ridiculous freestyles I've ever heard from dude. You must check it out (just don't pay attention to Pakman who freestyles with him, whats the point of him spitting next to Canibus anyways?)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3032468533072d/


Also like I promised you, here's the L Tha Headtoucha freestyles from Future Flavas and Stretch and Bobbito's show from back in his prime (Shouts to my man Paul Mighty for retrieving these for me as they aren't easy to find at all). Enjoy!!

L Tha Headtoucha - Stretch and Bobbito - http://www.zshare.net/audio/3032256d241228/

L Tha Headtoucha - Future Flavas (Produced By Pete Rock) - http://www.zshare.net/audio/30320155f75eb1/

3 comments:

King Fuckery said...

good shit.

i swiped up one of them larry cheeba freestyles for new englands finest mixtape.

keep posting. just found this shit 2 days ago.

Keemer said...

damn, i missed it...

can you re-up the canibus freestyle? the file is down

madnice said...

can you reup the futureflavas freestyle